Graduates of the Fergana branch of the Tashkent Medical Academy
Information on Final State Attestation
I. General Provisions
1. According to the Law of the Republic of Uzbekistan “On Education” and “On the National Program of Personnel Training” the Final State Attestation of Graduates of Ferghana branch of Tashkent Medical Academy (hereinafter: the branch) : State certification) is carried out according to this Provision.2.
2. State certification of graduates ends with the issuance of a diploma in the State sample (Decree of the Cabinet of Ministers of the Republic of Uzbekistan № 282 of June 2, 1999 “On Admission to Higher Education Institutions of the Republic of Uzbekistan in the 1999-2000 academic year”). .
3. The state certification is carried out by the state commissions formed on each specialty (specialty) and is called the “State Certification Commission”.
4. The state certification commissions shall carry out their activities in accordance with the Regulations on the final state certification of graduates of higher educational institutions of the Republic of Uzbekistan, normative documents of the Ministry of Higher and Secondary Specialized Education, based on the minimum qualification requirements set out in the present Charter and in the relevant Education Directions in the State Educational Standard.
5. The main tasks of the State Certification Commission are:
– Evaluation of the level and level of preparation of the applicant according to the requirements of the state educational standard;
-to address the issue of qualification as a result of the State Commission and to award graduates with relevant diplomas of higher education;
– Preparation of recommendations on improvement of learning outcomes in relevant educational directions based on the results of state certification.
II. Final State Attestation
6. Graduation State Attestation consists of one or more attestation tests in the following form:
– final certification on social sciences;
Final Examination (Integrated) Final Examination.
7. The final attestation test on social sciences should identify the degree of student self-sufficiency in the curriculum, and should include the minimum content specified in the relevant state education standard.
8. Interdisciplinary attestation testing in the areas of education, along with the requirements for the content of certain subjects, should take into account the general requirements for the State Educational Standard Alumni in that direction (specialty) need. Attestation tests included in the state certification can not be substituted by an assessment of the level of preparedness on the basis of current, intermediate or final evaluation criteria.
9. Certification testing programs for the academic year will be discussed with the participation of the Chairmen of the State Certification Commission and approved by the Academic Council of the Academy. The terms and procedure for state certification tests are determined by the Academic Council of the Academy.
III. Structure of state certification commissions.
10. The state certification commissions consist of independent certification commissions:
Acceptance of final attestation tests on social sciences;
– Acceptance of final interdisciplinary examinations in the field of study (specialty).
11. The State Certification Commission is headed by the Chairman. The chairmen of the certification commissions are annually recruited by a certain type of special type, who are not working in this educational institution, the leading specialists of the production and scientists are invited by the rector of the higher educational institution, by the Ministry of Education, upon coordination with the Ministry of Health. The Chair of Certification Commission for Social Sciences is appointed by the Ministry of Higher and Secondary Specialized Education of the Republic of Uzbekistan.
12. State certification commissions are the persons invited from the head of the medical higher education institution and the scientific and pedagogical personnel (up to 50% of the total number of attestation commissions) and other organizations: enterprises, organizations and institutions that are the consumers of the sphere experienced professors and lecturers, corresponding professors and scientists from the Academy of Sciences of the Republic of Uzbekistan.
The members of the State Examination Commission by type of examination are approved by the rector of higher education institution one month before the end of the term of the graduation.
IV. Procedure for Final State Attestation.
13. The form and procedure for carrying out the state certification tests shall be determined by the Scientific Council of the branch and shall be brought to the attention of the students six months before the beginning of the final State Attestation. Students are provided with programs and are provided with the opportunity to prepare for them, and consultations will be held one month before the certification.
14.Destrict attestation tests are given to persons who have successfully completed all curricula enrolled in the curriculum, who have completed their curriculum and course programs in the field of education.
15. State attestation tests shall be held in public attestation committees at open sessions with participation of two thirds of the members.
16. State certification on specialty is carried out in 2 stages:
Level 1 – Integrated testing of student’s theoretical knowledge;
Level 2 – The practical training and skills of students in the method of objective structured clinical examination (OSI).
Graduates of the Medical Pedagogical Faculty pass a test on the subject “Methods of teaching and pedagogical technologies”.
A student who has scored less than 55% at each stage will not be admitted to the next stage and will be deemed not to have passed the State Attestation.
Tests are carried out in the form of an integrated certification of all special subjects in the State Education Standard and the curriculum.
In the evaluation of students’ knowledge, the scale of scales is introduced:
-86-100 percent correct answer “excellent”,
-71-85.9 percent correct answer “good”
“Satisfactory” assessment of correct response to -55-70.9%.
Phase 2 of the State Attestation is conducted in the form of OSI, which presents all the specialized subjects listed in the curriculum, which reflect the specific aspects of the curriculum, case studies, practical skills or patient care.
The final grade for graduating students is taken as follows:
1.a) 20% (0.2 coefficient) of the average arithmetic value of all the subjects in the curriculum of the curriculum;
2.b) Level 1, test test – 20% (0,2 coefficient);
3.v) Level 2, OSKI – 60% (0.6 koeffitsient).
Testing, writing, oral examinations or other forms of state certification on the subject “History of Uzbekistan and the idea of national independence: basic concepts and principles” are determined by the decision of the Academic Council.
The appraisal indicator for all kinds of attestation tests included into the state certification shall be determined in accordance with rating system of student knowledge and assessment and shall be announced on the same day after the registration of the State Attestation Commission meeting.
17. The State Attestation Commission, based on the results of the final state attestation tests of graduates, makes a decision on granting a bachelor’s degree in the field of education (specialty) and awarded a diploma and higher education diploma.
18. Having achieved great success in mastering the curriculum and having mastered the progress of at least three-fourths of the subjects in the curriculum, having completed the final attestation tests graduates with 86% (excellent) or higher mark are awarded a “privileged” diploma by the Academic Council decision. The precise terms of the “privileged” diploma are determined by the Academic Council of the Academy.
Resolutions of the State Attestation Commission shall be decisive in closed meetings by open voting, by the majority of the votes of the participants of the meeting.
19. A graduate who fails to pass the state certification tests (one of the types of attestation tests) must complete the relevant tests within three years after the expiry of the term of study (for each type of final state attestation test once again).
During the period of military service, the duration of the childcare leave until the age of three years is not included in this three year period.
The issue of allowing a graduate to pass the state attestation testing for the second time or failing to submit a Certification Examination within three years shall be decided by the Ministry in accordance with his / her request.
20. A graduate who is not able to pass state certification tests (one of the types of attestation tests) will be issued an academic papers and he / she will be able to be reinstated to study for a relevant course on contractual basis.
21. Students who do not attend the final state attestation tests for a valid reason can be included in the final state attestation tests, which will be held at the rector’s order in other terms until the end of the final state attestation commission.
22. An appellate commission shall be established by order of the rector to review alumni applications filed at the final state attestation tests.
23. Graduates who are dissatisfied with the assessment of the final state attestation process have the right to appeal to the Appeal Commission within three days of the announcement of the final state attestation marks.
24. The Appeals Commission must inform the graduate within one day.
25. The annual report on the work of the final state certification commission is considered at the Academic Council of the higher educational institution. The chairpersons of the final state certification commissions are invited to this Scientific Council.